Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Catatan Tengah Malam

If you can do anything in this world for one last time, what would you do?

I’ve been thinking about this recently. Through some events that had myself thinking about what has gone wrong and what has gone right. Of all the hatred and the love that has come by. Of all those second chances and the ones that won’t come back. It caught me in the middle of the night, alone, with some Ed Sheeran jams I’ve heard numerous times.

Amongst all emotions that humans experience, I guess regret is the strongest one. It leads to either breakdown or gratefulness, both gave birth to a realisation and opens a brand new perspective of yourself, also about those around you.
As to the answer to my first question, I bet all our answers came from something we regret of not doing or not striving to be able of doing so. Telling the truth, giving more kisses, work harder, travel around the world, you name it.
It was all placed in the back of our head all along but due to some circumstances that only each of us know, it became a dream that never happened.

And to answer that question on my own, I would neglect all doubts, the root of all regret. Doubts of telling the truth, giving more kisses, work harder to actually travel the world. When that regret comes, we might just numb it out or actually pay it back. Before that time comes, regret peaking through our windows, cast the doubts. Cast those images in your mind that most likely, would only exists in your own mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment

© EMMA MONTEZ
Maira Gall