Friday, July 19, 2019

Embracing the Art of Resting

Hi! It's really, really been a while isn't?
Life has been one crazy ride. It's rapid, it's hectic, yet it is good. I have been working endlessly at one of Jakarta's newest creative lab, volunteering at my local church, and having a great time with life. Though there are some ups and downs in life, it always seems like getting better and better.

Until last Friday, I woke up with sore all over my left body. Let me tell ya, it's one of the worst feeling you could ever imagine. It became worse everyday until the next Tuesday, I was diagnosed with respiratory infection. This disease is very common, but it hurts a lot. 

I'm used to a very packed life. The kind that needs you to have maximum energy to do anything, anytime. Brain thinking 24/7 nonstop. It got to a point that I didn't realise it's hurting me so bad until this full week of rest. I do nothing but eat, sleep, take meds, and Netflix. It's frustrating and fun at the least. For me it is. But at the same time, I got to learn how to really embrace the art of resting.

We under appreciate it somehow. We got tired of working and yet we still manage the time to get few drinks here and there. We know we should be home at this hour and pack ourselves with work on bed with a thought "I'm saving myself more free time." When in fact, we're not.

I learned that the more time you waste while hurting your body, the more you're going to suffer in the future. My long week thought me this: to appreciate and acknowledge that everything has its own timing. There is time to rest, to play, to work and obviously to waste. Especially this week, I got to have time in reflecting who I was and who I am today, the choices I've made along the way, and what I'm going to do about it in the future.

I learned my lesson and never want to go back to this week ever again.
So thank you and it's nice to meet you again, 8 hours of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© EMMA MONTEZ
Maira Gall